GL/System Change

Hey Ramp Community!

We’re in Great Plains, and ultimately moving to QBO or Intacct in the next year. Our Ramp timeline got bumped up well before that initiative due to business needs, but it now leaves me setting up before going through the GL overhaul and software conversion.

To those that have done either GL or software migrations under ramp, would you have any tips? I’m trying to figure out if I should try to rush my new COA (complete and total overhaul), and just create a translation macro to the current codes and groupings to run on the CSV, or if it’s easy enough and not too messy to archive the old items in ramp once I go live with new items for 2025?

1 Like

Hey, Cody! We did this. We migrated to Ramp March 2023, then did a major COA revision in the summer so we could go live on Sage Intacct 1/1/24. We transitioned all our accounts in Ramp on 1/1/24.

Transitioning our chart of accounts in Ramp to a new system was not that difficult, and we just made sure to download copies of our Ramp statements and documentation before going live with the new accounts. I absolutely do not recommend rushing a COA overhaul, because even though you may save time setting up Ramp twice, a rushed COA overhaul will cause long-term headaches.

1 Like

Perfect, that’s the experience I was hoping for, as I would definitely prefer to work on the GL over the fall rather than on top of our audit. Thank you Katherine!

2 Likes

Hey Cody, we converted a client from Business Central to Intacct last year. It was similar to a GP conversion since Ramp didn’t have the BC link then. With proper planning the transition in Ramp will be smooth.
We were successful by picking a cutoff date in Ramp, coding to the legacy COA, and then syncing all transactions up to that date to the legacy GL (your GP). Once you disconnect your Universal CSV and connect to Intacct, you’ll remap your accounting rules with the Intacct COA and dimensions. New transactions after the cut-off date will have Intacct codes and sync to Intacct. It may be helpful to pick that cut-off date as a statement end date for ease of reconciliation.

1 Like