Reimbursements and Sage Vendors

Would love for the reimbursements integration with Sage to be able to import the vendor instead of the employee receiving the reimbursement. For instance, if I submit a reimbursement the vendor that gets imported into Sage Intacct is my name instead of Delta which is where I booked my flight. When doing expense reporting in Sage it makes the travel category look a little wonky. When trying to see what airlines the company is spending at etc.

1 Like

Hi Danielle, thanks so much for posting! I’ve passed along this feedback to our product team. If you prefer to not have your employees listed as vendors, you can set a default vendor for all reimbursements. An example name for that vendor may be “Ramp Reimbursement Vendor”. While this won’t solve your specific use case, it can help streamline reporting and keep your employee names out of the vendor list. Here’s a support article that may help.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hi Haley, we are also using SAGE and I was interested in the “default vendor” being “Ramp Reimbursement Vendor” when I read your post, so I reached out to our account magnager. I was told this isn’t available for SAGE. Just sharing here for others to know.

Hi @mschmuecker! Could you confirm if you’re on Sage Intaact? This should be available if you are! If you go into your Accounting tab then click into Settings, there should be an option called “Default Sage Intacct vendor for reimbursements”. From there you can go ahead and set the vendor.

Let me know if that worked for you, happy to help troubleshoot more if you’re having issues!

Hi Haley. Yes, we are on Sage Intacct. There was a misunderstanding with our account manager. I was able to navigate to the setting via the Accounting tab and successfully change it there. Note that the same setting under “Reimbursements” is greyed out which led to the initial answer. Thanks for the help!

Hi Haley, I have a lot of employees who are already vendors in Sage Intacct. When they create reimbursements, Ramp creates a brand new vendor. Is there a way to sync those?

Hi Roger!

Ramp creates vendors for your employees in Sage using the following format: “{{ Firstname Lastname (email) }}”

Unfortunately, we are not able to adjust the format, but in order to prevent duplicates, you could update your current employees set up as vendors into the same format as above. If we identify a vendor with exactly this name, we will not create a new vendor and leverage the existing one (note: it has to be exactly what we would create)

Let me know if this helps or if you’d like further information!

Thanks,
Karina

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the explanation. I already have about 80 employees in Sage Intacct, and updating to Ramp’s format is not ideal. It would be nice to have another way to link these over from Intacct.

Hi Roger - of course. Understood and will log this feedback on your behalf!

We will keep you posted on any updates.

Thanks,
Karina