Sage Integration and Mapping to Employee Dimension

It would be great if Ramp could map to the employee field in Sage Intacct. Currently, the name appears in the description, but Sage Intacct has a native “Employee” dimension.

Hi Roger! Ramp actually pulls in the “Employee” dimension through our API integration with Sage Intacct. Can you please try navigating to the Accounting tab → settings (top right) → Manage Accounting fields? You should be able to see the Employee dimension listed there if you have it enabled in Sage. If it’s toggled off, you will have to toggle it on within these settings in order for it to show up as an option to code to. Please let us know if you need additional assistance!

Thanks,
Karina

Hi Karina,

Yes, I have that setting enabled. It seems that the system requires us to select the employee for each transaction. Is there a way to have the employee added automatically? Can this be added as an option in Advanced Rules. The only options in Advanced rules are Category, Card Merchant, Department, and Location.

Thanks,
Roger

Hi Roger - great! I’d recommend creating a “card rule” for this. To do so, you can click into an employee’s card in the Cards tab → edit card → scroll down to where it says “Transaction coding rules” and click into this → set the employee field to match the employee’s name! This way, whenever that employee swipes his/her card, the employee field will be automatically coded! Then, I’d recommend repeating this for all employees.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Karina

Hi Karina,

I found a way to do that with the virtual cards, but not the physical cards. Will the change in the virtual card carry over to the physical cards? I do not have an edit option when I choose a person’s physical card.

Roger

Hi Roger - yes, the change in the virtual card will carry over to the physical card! There is always a virtual card that is “linked” to a person’s physical card. The physical card will take on the properties/controls/accounting rules set on the virtual card linked to it.

Thanks,
Karina

1 Like