Transfer Card vs New Card

Hello,

We are about to experience our first card holder turn over since implementing Ramp. I am curious if anyone has advise on the most efficient way to handle this?

I’m seeing 2 options:

1. Re-Assign the card to someone else in the department while in the hiring process.
  2. Cancel the card completely.

Hi Bailey! Great question - I know you’re asking other customers for their input, but in the meantime, I’ll chime in from the Ramp team :blush:

When an employee leaves, you have two options based on whether they have a virtual or physical card.

For virtual cards, you can easily transfer the card to another employee. This ensures that all critical business expenses on the card are never declined and that the transaction owner or vendor relationship has visibility into the spend (read more here).

Go to cards → select the card you wish to transfer → click “edit” → select the “card Owner field” and choose who the new owner of the card will be.

For physical cards, due to security reasons, they cannot be transferred. In this case, you would need to terminate the card.

-Charlotte